Insights Dialogue is an initiative of the Alliance for Advancing Health Online (AAHO) designed to share research and evidence on how to best use social media and digital platforms to address vaccine confidence with vaccine program implementers, public health communicators, behavior change scientists and other stakeholders.
AAHO is a $40 million multi-year initiative to bring actors from the technology, health, global development, and academic sectors to advance understanding of how social media and online engagement can best be utilized to better understand and increase health and resiliency of communities around the world. AAHO is initially focusing on addressing vaccine hesitancy and vaccine equity- in particular in communities that have historically been excluded or marginalized. In addition, the AAHO intends to create a global network of centers of social media and health research focused on improving health behavior via online platforms. Recently, the Vaccine Confidence Fund selected 33 organizations to receive grants focused on accelerating research insights in vaccine acceptance and demand from the Fund, a flagship program of the AAHO.
AAHO’s two initial focus areas to address vaccine acceptance and equity are:
- To advance the research on how best to use social media and digital platforms to address vaccine hesitancy
- To accelerate research insights through targeted investment in researchers around the world.
To help advance the first of these areas, Sabin Vaccine Institute and Bay Area Global Health Alliance are partnering to:
- Curate research insights on this platform sharing the evidence and how-tos to vaccine program implementers, public health communicators, behavior change scientists and other stakeholders.
- Host Vax Up!, a new podcast series exploring the power of social media to strengthen vaccine confidence and shape health behaviors.
- Host and feature live events in partnership with Sabin’s Boost Community.
- Feature insights from AAHO researchers once available
To stay up-to-date on this research and upcoming events, join the Insights Dialogue group in the Boost Community.